Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pocket Knife



Most Southern gentlemen carry a pocket knife.  Now just because you do doesn't make you a gentleman, and just because you don't doesn't mean you aren't one either.

It's a great tool to have.  You can whittle, open packages, cut food and make a kids size straw (a very handy daddy trick) along with other helpful uses.  I remember my Paw Paw cutting a BBQ in half for me when I was young with his.  My dad said he saw older guys outside the courthouse carving wooden chains out of a single block of wood.

I recently got a good small pocket knife from my father-in-law for Christmas that I keep in my watch pocket and I use it more than I thought I would.  I used to have a larger Swiss Army Knife, but it was a little too big, the one I have now is light and goes in my change tray at the end of the day.

Lady's, if you have a man in your life that doesn't have a small 2 1/2" to 3" pocket knife (folded) get him one, for his birthday, Valentine's Day or Father's Day.

What do you use your knife for?

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Brian Mauter said...

I always carry a small Swiss Army Knife. It's especially awesome at Christmas and at birthday parties. I love it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_39469-10697-56011_0_?productId=1208993

Toto said...

All true southern women carry at least a pocket knife in her purse or on her very charming beeing .... If I find a nice pocket knife I would much rather get it for myself ... Let a fellow get his own!