Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Southern Word of the Week - All over hell and half of Georgia

"Boy where have you been?  We've been worried and looked all over hell and half of Georgia for you!"
"Where are my car keys?  I've been all over hell and half of Georgia looking for 'em!"

There are many different ways to say it but it often involves hell and not more than half of the state of Georgia.  I honestly haven't heard it much, and have only really seen it in print, but I did use it honestly this morning.  It obviously means what it says, just in a Southern storyteller kinda way. 

Have you used this phrase or have one similar?  Lemme know in the comments.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Toto said...

Humm never heard this phrase but then Im not from Geogia .... I use and have heard 'Cone Hell or high water' a lot ... And similar 'hell' phrases. Funny!